Audio Visual Service Technician
HB Communications, Inc. is seeking technicians with strong AV installation skills along with leadership experience to join our team! This person will be responsible for all service and repairs of audio and video equipment in our fully integrated conference rooms, including but not limited to, auditoriums and executive board rooms.
The technician will also interface directly with the customer on a daily basis; responsibilities include maintaining daily functionality of all AV and integrated conference rooms.This position is located at our office in Waltham, MA.
- Understanding general principles behind audio and video theory, understanding how to utilize test equipment necessary for a fully functional system.
- Train customers on the use of installed systems as required.
- Read & interpret schematics - cable pull, device mounting details, signal flows, and architectural details.
- Field maintenance skills involving, but not limited to, cable pulling, audio, video, control, network terminations & soldering.
- Responsible to oversee and assign tasks to Junior Installers through all phases of the installation.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose complex system problems and take corrective actions.
- Understanding of control systems Crestron, Extron, AMX, among others.
- 2+ years of experience in A/V systems integration.
- Proficient with cable pulling, audio, video, control, network terminations & good soldering skills.
- Experience with various computer & configuration programs in the AV industry.
- CTS a plus, but not required.
- Competitive pay
- Progressive Career Path in the AV industry
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match)
- Eligibility for Overtime Pay
- Paid Time Off