Audio Visual Support Technician
HB Communications, Inc. is looking to hire an Audio Visual Support Technician for our client sites throughout the Greater New York City area.
This person will be responsible for all service and repairs of customers’ audio video equipment and fully integrated conference rooms, including but not limited to, auditoriums and executive conference rooms. The Technician will also interface directly with the customer on a daily basis and responsibilities include maintaining daily functionality of all AV and integrated conference rooms.
- Act as AV support for local, and remote offsite meetings including occasional travel (travel expenses excluded from the cost of service and to be charged separately).
- Set up and manage all Audio & Visual equipment, providing maintenance and replacements for in-house equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problem or identify resolution to appropriate vendor or manufacturer. Troubleshoot AV/V problems last minute as required as well as non-critical situations
- Coordinates with Customer staff to determine AV/V and basic infrastructure requirements for any new conference room or media design.
- Assist with company meetings/functions that require use of AV infrastructure (audio, video conferencing, webcasting, visual display or projection, and control system (AMX, Crestron) operations.
- Interact with Customer Help Desk ticketing system to respond to end user requests.
- Gathering of data from support procedures, customer ticketing system, and other sources. Provide to HB company staff for generation of monthly service reporting to Customer.
- Ensure all conferencing spaces are presentable for use
NOTE: This list of job responsibilities is not an all-inclusive list, this is a general description.
Work Week & Hours:
- Minimum 40 Hours, Monday - Friday.
- Late shifts are a possible requirement. Must be flexible to work additional hours and on weekends as required on an overtime basis.
- Will be commuting and working at the customer site daily.
- Associate or bachelors degree in audio engineering, media production or related fields is desired but not required.
- Good working knowledge of AV practices and procedures, as well as AV set-up, staging, and strike.
- Videoconferencing experience including operation, call set-up and equipment troubleshooting (Cisco, Polycom, LifeSize, etc.)
- "White Glove" customer service.
- Cabling, termination and testing knowledge.
- Familiarity with signal flow.
- AV Control experience including Crestron, Extron and/or AMX.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Competitive pay
- Progressive Career Path in the AV industry
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match)
- Eligibile for Overtime Pay
- Paid Time Off